The team first constructed a patient timeline leading up to PDAC using diagnostic codes in the EMR data. They then applied a supervised topic model to the diagnosis code data, resulting in highly interpretable groups of diagnoses, and a promising predictive model for pancreatic cancer. The study team is following up with clinical colleagues in the Duke Department of Medicine to initiate further studies based on the team's work.
- Lisa Satterwhite, Biomedical Engineering
- Joe Lucas, Associate Director for Health System Operations, iiD
- Shaobo Han, post-doc, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Albert Antar, Duke University Biology
- Zidi Xiu, Student Mentor, Master's student Biostatistics, Duke University
- All quantitative STEM