A Durham-based startup, founded by Duke professors Larry Carin (ECE) and Ricardo Henao (B&B), is looking for interns excited to develop skills and gain experience in data science and machine learning. This is an opportunity to learn from and contribute to a new and growing company focused on cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning technology.
Collaborating with our small team of researchers and data scientists, typical activities may include:
- Developing and evaluating statistical models, machine learning algorithms, and data processing techniques
- Working with business-critical data on applications of natural language processing, bioinformatics, and image recognition
- Applying deep learning techniques to large datasets through GPU-accelerated processing
- Developing tools and libraries that support processing and analysis of datasets
No prior experience or coursework in machine learning is required, but candidates must show a motivation and desire to learn the theory and practice of the field. Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Currently pursuing an advanced degree (MS or PhD) in a quantitative field (statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, etc.)
- Experience in Python, R, or other prototyping environments
- Able to work part-time in downtown Durham through the fall semester as a paid internship (the internship can also continue into the spring semester)
To apply, please send your resume and a list of relevant coursework to firstname.lastname@example.org.