Runliang Li (Math), Qiyuan Pan (Computer Science), and Lei Qian (Masters in Statistics and Economic Modelling) spent ten weeks investigating discrepancies between posted wait times and actual wait times for rides at Disney World. They worked with data provided by TouringPlans.
The team built a linear regression model to predict future wait times on given rides based on historical wait times on many other rides, time of day, season, and many other factors. Their model was informed by a lot of exploratory data analysis, as well as much data cleaning and merging.
Download the Executive Summary (PDF)
- Alessandro Arlotto, Decision Sciences, Fuqua School of Business
- Yehua Wei, Decision Sciences, Fuqua School of Business
- Qiyuan Pan, Duke University Computer Science
- Runliang Li, Duke University Computer Science & Mathematics
- Lei Qian, Duke University Statistical and Economic Modeling
- Andrew Frazelle, Ph.D. Candidate, Decision Sciences
- Business Analytics
- Operations Research
- All quantitative STEM