Emily Horn (Public Policy, Global Health), Aasha Reddy (Economics), and Shanchao Wang (Masters Economics) spent ten weeks working with data from the National Asset Scorecard for Communities of Color (NASCC), an ongoing survey project that gathers information about asset and debt of households at a detailed racial and national origin level. They worked closely with faculty and researchers from the Samuel Dubois Cook Center for Social Equity.
After conducting exploratory data analysis on the entire survey, the team did a focussed study of wealth disparities among different types of Asian communities. They are in the final stages of submitting a journal publication.
- William A. Darity, Economics, Public Policy, African and African-American Studies
- Darrick Hamilton, The New School
- Khai Zaw, Statistical Research Associate, Cook Center
- Aasha Reddy, Duke University Economics
- Shanchao Wang, Duke University Economics
- Emily Horn, Duke University Public Policy & Global Health
- Public Policy
- All quantitative STEM