In order to understand Google's algorithm, the team web-scraped search results and used machine-learning to understand the importance of each feature. They then performed sentiment analysis to quantify public opinions from Twitter and used community-based crawling and seeding to collect information relevant to minority groups.
- Sayan Mukherjee, Professor, Statistical Science
- Michael Lindon, Ph.D candidate, Statistics
- Jennifer Du, Duke University Computer Science
- Weiyao Wang, Duke University Computer Science, Mathematics, and Political Science
- Jarrett Weathersby, North Carolina Central University Physics
- Samuel Watson, North Carolina Central University Physics
- All quantitative STEM