Key Contractual Issues in the Formation of New Alliances
Beibei Sun, Duke University School of Law, J.D.’16
Mentor: Professor Julie Barnes-Weise, Duke
- Innovation & Technology Policy Lab, Bass Connections, Duke University
- World Health Organization
Reviewed existing model and related agreements;
- Identified applicable key terms;
- Identified major approaches to specific issues;
- Developed master chart of specific terms from designated agreements;
- Adapted existing terms to the needs of a multi-party alliance for development of vaccines and therapies to treat and protect against an epidemic disease outbreak.
The legal framework substantially affects the outcome and efficiency of the alliance formation.
- The four key issues are usually central of the negotiation.
- Which approaches to adopt is determined by the purpose and scope of the alliance.